Friday, April 11, 2014

J is for Jailbreak by Steven W. Booth & Harry Shannon



Summery:

This book is the first two chapters of The Hungry.  It introduces Sheriff Penny Miller and tells the story of how she, her co-worker, and their prisoners must escape the grasping clutches of the living dead. But soon they find themselves trapped inside the jail.  They need to find a way out before the zombies find a way in.


My review:

Ok,  I REALLY need to look at covers more before I start reading a book.  If I had I would have realized that this said it was only the first two chapters of the book, and not the whole book, or a whole short story, novella, whatever.  Fortunately I realized it before I wrote the review or my review would have definitely been different. 

The first two chapters of The Hungry are extremely fast paced. There is no down time for pleasantries for Penny, Deputy Wells, Scratch and Needles. It really pulled me along and I have to say I was definitely disappointed when I ran out of pages. Also, there's at least one twist that I didn't see coming. 
Even though it is only the first two chapters I did start to get a feel of what Penny is about.  There wasn't any real background given on her, but she made some decisions that showed exactly which way her moral compass points. She also is very self assured and doesn't break easily.  
If the first two chapters are any example of the rest of the book, it looks like it will be quite an interesting ride. I hope to be able to pick up the whole book after I'm done with the the A to Z challenge and find out what happens to Sheriff Miller and the rest of her world.

Here's the link to the first two chapters, which are still currently free. I'm also gonna give you guys the link to the full book, The Hungry.  If I'd have known it was just the first two chapters I definitely would have just bought the whole book. From the first two chapters I think it's definitely worth it.









No comments:

Post a Comment