Saturday, April 18, 2015

P is for Pandora's Mistake by E. B. Black





** The Fate of Eros Series: Book 0 * Tales of love and heartbreak. The stories that the gods never wanted you to hear about.** 

As the first and only woman to exist, Pandora is the center of attention everywhere. Men lust after her, even vow to start wars over her. She's a good girl, so she keeps her distance from them all. 

Prometheus is Pandora's box--a mystery she can't explore. He's a titan who betrayed the gods. He's ripped to shreds and killed every day as punishment, but he never repents because he's a bad boy. 

She knows she should stay away from him, but her feelings are intense. It's a curiosity that she can't fight. Should she open up her box of desire, even though it will release Prometheus' inner demons?


My Review:

Since Pandora's Box is a short story, I'm going to keep this review short as well. If you feel you'd like more details feel free to ask and I'll try to answer as best I can.

This is a great novella. I'm going to assume that my readers know the classic myth of Pandora's Box. (If not I've provided the link to the myth on Wikipedia. You don't need to be familiar with the it to enjoy Pandora's Mistake, but if you haven't heard of it you should go check it out just to enrich yourself. The Wikipedia article isn't that long so it shouldn't take more than a moment.) Well Pandora's Mistake is an interesting twist on the original tale. I always got the impression from the original myth that Pandora was a bit of a nosy twit.  I don't mean to be mean, but she was told to do one little thing and she couldn't do it. The only reason it really annoyed me was that for some reason since then some people like to use her as a stereotype for all woman. (I'm not saying everyone does just a few shallow idiots.) I definitely like Black's version of Pandora better. She hasn't been changed into a sword wielding super brain, but the reasoning behind what she does is a whole lot better than a lack of self control. Also her naivete is more because no one has ever told her anything much beyond she's supposed to be a good wife and not to open the jar, instead of her just being an airhead. Also I like how she evolves throughout the story. As I said it isn't a thousand page novel or anything, but in the pages that are there the author provides us with a glimpse of Pandora realizing that her world wasn't all that she thought it was.  I also like seeing Prometheus's version of events. Both those leading up to his eternal torture by Zues to his interactions with Pandora. I can't wait to read more of The Fate of Eros books. I'd really like to see what else the author does with Greek mythology. This one gets 5 out of 5. It's currently free on Amazon, the link is under the cover pic above, so go grab it while you have a chance.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~









I got this book from Amazon because it was on sale and decided to review it for this event. All opinions in this fair and honest review are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment