Tuesday, April 18, 2017

O is for One for the Road by Chad Lutzke #atozchallenge





A teenage boy deals with his family's decision to keep his undead grandfather captive in the attic. How far would you go for those you love?



My Review:


One is short, only 14 pages, but it is interesting. I'd like to see what the story would look like if expanded into a larger format. The ending feels kind of abrupt. After all the word the kid goes through I would have liked to see what came of his actions. Obviously his parents are going to find out.  But otherwise it was a decent short story. I definitely got a feel for the authors voice and I would be willing to read more by him.  In the end isn't that the main point of short stories? Especially free ones? To give you a chance to meet the author and their creation without having to commit to a full length novel. This story did that and achieved its purpose to those ends. Again there are still some unanswered questions and as this isn't listed as being a prequel or connected to another book or series I don't feel I'll have them answered. But I did enjoy the story. I do plan to pick up more of his work and I would recommend this story to others.














No comments:

Post a Comment