Saturday, April 22, 2017

S is for Salem's Vengeance by Aaron Galvin #atozchallenge




Salem's Vengeance

Amazon Summary:

Sixteen-year-old Sarah Kelly never expected to meet the Devil’s daughter. She only sought innocent dancing in the moonlight, not a coven entranced by their dark priestess. 
When her friends partake of a powder meant to conjure spirits - and the results go horribly awry - Sarah is forced to make a choice. To keep their secret risks her own damnation, but to condemn them may invoke the accusing remnants of Salem to rise again.


My Review:

Salem's Vengeance was a good read. I was intrigued by the authors take on the Salem incident. Just to clear up something though, the story itself does not take place in Salem. 
The story is told from the MCs POV.  But through her eye you are still able to get a decent understanding of the supporting characters. I like them all enough to want to find out what happens to them after the end of the book.
While the ending does leave some strings untied, it doesn't end on a cliffie, which is always a good thing in my book. lol
From the looks of this one the series should be good. I definitely plan on picking up the next book as soon as I get the chance.  

Salem is quick paced and a solid read. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to fill their summer reading list. 




No comments:

Post a Comment